Aerialscoop sending you daily tips and tricks on how to grow
Please introduce yourself and your startup Aerialscoop to our readers!
Natan Pollack and Kirsty Sharman are the co-founders of Aerialscoop. Both Natan and Kirsty are serial entrepreneurs, with unique backgrounds, Natan built a B2B experience company, whilst Kirsty has extensive digital marketing and growth hacking experience. Both Natan and Kirsty were born in South Africa and have moved to Amsterdam to compete amongst the best in the world, and use their experience to built Aerialscoop to service the European and US market. Aerialscoop was born by a joint vision to help online companies grow by using their own data more effectively. Aerialscoop is a SaaS platform that uses your own analytics to spot growth opportunities, sending you daily tips and tricks on how to grow.
The proprietary tech we’ve built integrates with the online tools already in your tech stack. Allowing you to get data from many (isolated) analytics platforms into one, easy to understand report that gets sent to your inbox every morning. Your reports will include personalized insights, based on your own data, from top Growth Hackers, to show you what actions you should take to drive growth.
How did you get the idea to Aerialscoop?
Kirsty, formerly ran a growth hacking agency, where she consulted to various VC backed startups. A commonality amongst the various clients was that they were not using their own data to effectively drive growth. Many of the solutions had similar strategies and using real-time data inputs allowed the companies to make better decisions. Kirsty and Natan decided to use their joint skill sets to solve this problem, by developing Aerialscoop and automate many of the Growth Hacker functions.
How difficult was the start and what challenges you had to overcome?
Any entrepreneur will tell you how hard it is to start a business from scratch.
- Managing a remote team – Being a bootstrapped startup makes it super hard to compete with the talent pool of giants such as Bookking.com and Uber. We’ve had to acquire talents from all over the world and work remotely with the team.
- Time management – There are so many things on the go at once that managing your time becomes quite challenging. Juggling between the different facets of the business and making sure you allocate enough time to the right areas is always a balancing act.
- Cash Flow – Because we’re a bootstrap startup we’ve had to manage our cash flow very cautiously to make sure we are able to continue building the product at a steady pace. We have to play the long game and find creative ways to get the most from our budget.
- Data regulation and data privacy – When dealing with peoples data and privacy there is a lot of legal stuff involved. We’ve had to make sure every step of the way that we comply with the rules and regulations which means working closely with lawyers and regulatory bodies to ensure we’re fully compliant with the rules and regulations.
Who is your target audience?
Aerialscoop is perfect for anyone looking to grow their online business. Our users include business owners, entrepreneurs, digital marketers, sales teams, social media influencers, and anyone who is passionate about getting the right data to fuel their growth.
What is the USP of your startup?
- Aerialscoop is a personalized daily report, not another dashboard, so you receive your reports and insight in your own environment. It takes less than a minute to get a view of your entire tech stack in your inbox every morning.
- Aerialscoop focuses on smart insights. There are many simple analytics aggregators out there; Aerialscoop uses the data we aggregate to make smart suggestions on how to drive your growth and make more effective data-driven decisions.
- It focuses on relevancy. Aerialscoop doesn’t just highlight general insights- by looking at your data we can give you insights and growth tips based on what is relevant to your own business making it highly personal.
- WE ARE FREE
Can you describe a typical workday of you?
At Aerialscoop, there is no typical workday. As our gig-economy team is totally remote all over the world, we work on new problems each day. The only consistency is the ridiculous pace we work at!
Where do you see yourself and your startup Aerialscoop in five years?
We would like to become a leading data-driven digital growth SaaS offering, with over 1.5M users over 100 corporate clients.
What 3 tips would you give other Start-up founders on the way?
- Build the right team – Surrounding yourself with a strong team who share your vision and values will help support you and grow with you
- Be agile – The chances of the finished product looking exactly like what you had imagined are slim. Along the way, you will learn that somethings won’t work and other areas need to be adjusted. Make sure you are able to analyse the data you receive and implement into your business.
- Make sure you align with you co-founders vision – in the long run making sure that you are trying to solve the same problem the same way, will be very important.
More information you will find here
Thank you Natan Pollack and Kirsty Sharman for the Interview
Statements of the author and the interviewee do not necessarily represent the editors and the publisher opinion again.